Wildcrafting (or wild-harvesting) is the practice of gathering plants, plant parts, mushrooms, and lichens by hand in their natural environment. These wildcrafted treasures are used for food, medicines, and crafts.
We offer Saskatchewan Wild Food Baskets year-round; i.e., a monthly box, small or large, with a variety of wildcrafted delicacies. We accept all complementary currencies.
Email us for more details.
In 2009, I started Prairie Infusions out of a feeling of urgency and helplessness due to climate change. Climate change is the most important issue of our time. That`s because everything that gives us life on this planet depends on the health and well-being of the natural world. In 2015, climate change is now irreversible. Efficiency rather than meaning has brought us to this point. Our monetary system works as an invisible wrecking machine. Without compound interest, climate change would have never happened. We need monetary reform in order to solve anything. It`s time to wake up and evolve. The 21st century will have to be spiritual, or it will not be. We need consciousness. Become informed. Understand the money system and understand what`s wrong with it. Then let`s make it right. Together. We are the 100%.
Our 160-acre Forest Garden is an entirely natural quarter of land in Saskatchewan where we wildcraft mushrooms, berries, and forest botanicals. It is our sanctuary, our Walden, a lovely and remote piece of land, where life and life cycles are supported, biodiversity promoted, ecosystem services cherished, ecological health achieved, and where Prairie Infusions as a business was able to grow naturally like a tree or a human, in order to maintain a balance with the natural world. We enjoy sharing our wild-harvest with you.
If you need help, advice, or guidance with starting your own local wild food venture, email me.
With love, Elisabeth Poscher, Ph.D. (in Arid Lands Resource Sciences, University of Arizona)
Recommended literature and documentaries
(1) Mother Earth Spirituality: Native American Paths to Healing Ourselves and Our World. 1990 by Ed McGaa.
(2) Political Ponerology. 2007 by Andrew Lobaczewski.
(3) Debt: the first 5000 years. 2011 by David Graeber.
(4) Steal a Tree, Go to Jail; Steal a Forest, Meet the President. 2008 by Jeffrey St. Clair. http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_71384.shtml
(5) The Money Fix - A Documentary for Monetary Reform. 2008 by Alan Rosenblith.
(6) Inequality For All. 2013 by Jacob Kornbluth. http://inequalityforall.com/
(7) The Money Syndrome. 2010 by Helmet Creutz.
(8) Cowspiracy - The Sustainability Secret. 2014 by Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn. http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/
(9) Money and Sustainability: The Missing Link. 2012 by Bernard Lietaer et al.
(10) Occupy Money: Creating an Economy where Everybody Wins. 2012 by Margrit Kennedy.
Is this how you feel? http://isthishowyoufeel.weebly.com/
©2015 — Prairie Infusions. — All Rights Reserved.